The Central Sparks have an exciting opportunity for somebody to come onboard as a performance nutritionist.
Central Sparks is a professional women’s cricket team based in Birmingham. Central Sparks is a centre of excellence and is home to the best female cricketers from the West Midlands region, covering Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Staffordshire, Shropshire, and Herefordshire.
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our team as the Performance Nutritionist to work within our high performance and pathway program. The purpose of this job is to provide performance nutrition support for the senior, academy & EPP squads.
· Responsibility for the education and development of nutritional awareness in players and staff.
· When operating on site supporting match day and training sessions with nutritional input and advice.
· Attending medical and multi-disciplinary meetings to collaborate and problem solve on individual development plans.
· Supporting players who are transitioning from Academy into Senior cricket in their development and awareness of nutrition.
· When required travel with select teams for the occasional away game to observe and identify nutritional strategies that can facilitate performance.
· Providing regular nutritional education to players and parents throughout the pathway.
· Implementing strategies to support players’ training and competitive program whilst demonstrating a comprehensive knowledge of the science that supporters’ sports nutrition.
· In specific circumstances, implanting injury and rehabilitation nutrition provision performance catering, and menu planning.
· Being one the points of contacts for the catering team around timings and nutritional needs.
· Closing date for applications: 18th June 2023
· Shortlist announced: 21st June 2023
· Interviews to be held during the week commencing 26th of June at Edgbaston Cricket Stadium in person.
· Start date: Discussed at interview.
If you wish to apply please send a CV and cover letter with the subject line ‘Performance Nutritionist Role’ to email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.